Broccoli is a great way to add iron into your diet, and this soup is just the perfect way to include broccoli in your meals. Mildly flavoured with nutmeg, this soup looks attractive because of its fresh, green colour.
1 cup of chopped broccoli florets and stalks
2 tbsp maida
2 cups milk
2 tbsp butter
Salt to taste
Total Time: 20 Minutes | Preparation Time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | Difficulty: Medium
1. Heat ½ tablespoons of butter in a non-stick pan, add the broccoli florets and stalks and sauté for a few minutes.
2. Grind the broccoli in a Boss Pearl Mixer Grinder with half cup of water. Keep aside.
3. Melt the remaining butter in the same pan on a low flame. Add the flour and sauté for 1 minute making sure that there is no discoloration.
4. Add the milk, mix well and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the nutmeg powder salt, pepper and broccoli purée along with 3 cups of water and simmer for a while.
6. Serve hot.