Quick Bread Tartlets filled with all colorful veggies are always handy and an appealing snack! Try out this quick and yummy recipe.
2 cups Sauted Sweet Corn Kernels
1 Tbsp Oil
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Red Capsicum
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Yellow Capsicum
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Green Capsicum
1 Cup Blanched , Peeled And Chopped Tomatoes
1 1/2 Tbsp Dry Mixed Herbs
2 Tbsp Dry Red Chilli Flakes
Salt To Taste
For The Bread Tartlets
9 Fresh Bread Slices
Melted Butter for Greasing & Brushing
Grated Processed Cheese
Total Time: 50 Minutes | Preparation Time: 20 Minutes | Cooking Time: 30 Minutes | Difficulty: Difficult
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan; add all the 3 capsicums and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
2. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the dried mixed herbs, chilli flakes, sweet corn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
For the Tartlets
1. Remove the sides from all the bread slices.
2. Roll each slice with a rolling pin evenly
3. Press the rolled slices into the cavities of a muffin tray which is lightly greased with butter.
4. Brush with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
5. Divide the filling into equal portions and fill a portion into each bread tartlet.
6.Spread ½ tsp of tomato ketchup and 1 tsp cheese evenly over each tartlet and bake again for 45 secs to let the cheese melt.
7. Serve hot!