It's time to curl up under a cozy blanket and enjoy a warm bowl of classic cream of celery soup. Clean, pure and delicious!
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon dairy cream
- 2 pinch of grated nutmeg or nutmeg powder
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
- Salt as required
- Black pepper as required
- Few parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- Some bread croutons for garnish (optional)
Total Time: 45 Minutes | Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 45 Minutes | Difficulty: Medium
- In a pan melt butter. Add the celery.
- Saute the celery for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add water or veg stock, salt and pepper. Cover with the lid and cook till celeryis cooked.
- When the soup mixture is slightly hot or warm, using BOSS Platinum Portable Blender, blend the soup till smooth.
- Put the pan back and gently heat through the soup.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding a bit of water or veg stock, if you want a slightly thin soup or if the soup appears thick.
- Once the soup has heated through, add cream and sprinkle the grated nutmeg or nutmeg powder. Stir well.
- Check the seasoning and add more salt or black pepper if required.
- Serve cream of celery soup garnished with parsley and bread croutons.