Nothing can match hot vadas on a cool breezy rainy day. We give you an easy-peasy and deliciously cruncy Moong Dal Vada recipe to enjoy along with the rains.
- ½ cup green moong dal (whole)
- ¼ cup chana dal (Bengal gram dal)
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Tbsp asafoetida (hing)
- Cooking oil
Total Time: 1 hour | Preparation Time: 30 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes | Difficulty: Medium
- 1. Soak the moong dal and chana dal in the warm water bowl for 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain the water and grind it well with Boss RufTup commercial mixer using a little amount of water to make thick vada batter.
- 3. Transfer the batter in a bowl. Add finely chopped chillies, asafoetida, and salt. Mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 4. Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, make small balls of the batter and drop in hot oil carefully.
- 5. Deep fry the vadas till it turns golden brown and crispy on medium heat.
- 6. Drain the excess oil using absorbent paper and serve hot with coconut or green chutney.