These crispy fried pakodas made from chana dal are sure to become your favorite snack during monsoon.
- ½ cup chana dal (bengal gram)
- 1 Tsp fennel seeds
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli – roughly chopped
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 pinch baking soda (optional)
- 1/2 cup water for grinding
- Salt as required
- Coriander leaves
Total Time: 4 Hours 45 Minutes | Preparation Time: 4 Hours | Cooking Time: 45 Minutes | Difficulty: Medium
- Soak Chana dal for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain the dal and grind it in All Time Plus Mixer Grinder.
- Add chopped chilli, fennel seed, cumin seeds, asafoetida and little water.
- Grind till the batter become smooth paste.
- Remove the batter in a bowl.
- Add salt, baking soda and mix well.
- Heat oil in pan. Drop spoonful of the batter in the oil.
- Fry till it is crisp & golden
- You can drain excess oil by putting them on tissue
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.