When spice, cheese, crunch & spinach come together, Crispy Spinach & Cheese Spring Rolls happens! This saucy chinesy munchie is easy to make and fun to eat.
- Ingredients: (200ml = 1 Cup)
- 1½ pcs samosa patties
- 1/3 tbsp. plain flour (maida) dissolved in 3 tbsps. Water
- oil for deep-frying
- For stuffing
- 1/4 cup blanched and finely chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and to taste
- For Honey Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tbsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 1/3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
Total Time: 1 hour | Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 40 minutes | Difficulty: Medium
- 1 – Finely chop blanched spinach and Chillie with the help of BOSS Axe Chopper and mix all the ingredients for stuffing together.
- 2 – Cut each samosa Patti into 3 to get 75 mm. X 62 mm. (3″ x 2½”) rectangular pieces. You will get 24 pieces in all.
- 3 – Place a piece of the samosa Patti on a flat dry surface and place a portion of the filling at one pointed edge.
- 4 – Roll each Patti towards the opposite pointed edge and stick the edges with a little flour paste to form a cylindrical shape.
- 5 – Seal the edge of the samosa Patti using a little of the flour paste.
- 6 – Repeat with the remaining patties and filling to make more cigars.
- 7 – Heat a broad non-stick pan or kadhai with oil and deep-fry a few cigars at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 8 – Serve immediately with honey chilli sauce.