This winter try this tasty & sugary recipe to bring more sweetness to the season. Khambat Halwasan is a traditional sweet dish from Gujarat & cherished by everyone, especially kids.
150 grams wheat
200 grams semolina
2.5 liters milk
Alum a pinch
300 grams sugar
4-5 strands of saffron (kesar)
1 tbsp green cardamom powder
50 grams almonds blanched and slivered
Total Time: 10 Hours | Preparation Time: 8 - 9 Hours | Cooking Time: 30 - 40 Minutes | Difficulty: Difficult
– Soak the wheat overnight, drain and cover with moist cloth & leave in a cool place for 24 hours.
– Sun dry and grind coarsely with Boss Crown Mixer Grinder. Mix semolina, coarsely ground wheat in milk. Bring it to boil on a high heat stirring constantly.
– Reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes then increase the heat and add alum.
– Cook till the time the mixture has almost dried up.
– Add sugar and saffron. Cook for few more minutes.
– Add cardamom powder and mix. Cook till it is completely dry.
– Divide in equal portions and press between the palm to flatten. Garnished with slivers of almond and serve.