This Diwali, enjoy crispy and crunchy savoury Namakpare all day long.
- 1 cup atta (wheat flour)
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper – optional
- 1 tsp cumin seeds – optional
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp oil or ghee – i used sunflower oil
- salt to taste
Total Time: 1 Hour | Preparation Time: 30 Minutes | Cooking Time: 30 Minutes | Difficulty: Medium
Making Dough For Namak Pare
- Sieve the whole wheat flour and maida.
- Add baking soda, ajwain, black pepper and salt.
- Add the oil or ghee.
- Use BOSS A1 Food Processor to form soft dough. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
Making Namak Pare
- Take medium sized balls from the dough and roll them on a dusted flour neither too thin nor too thick.
- Take a knife and make criss cross patterns on the rolled dough.
- Remove the diamond shaped patterns and deep fry them in hot oil till crisp and golden browned.
- Drain them on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
- Enjoy crispy and healthy homemade snacks during Diwali.