Trust us, the only thing better than talking about Falafel is eating it! Do try out this amazing Falafel recipe.
- 1 cup dried white chickpeas (200 grams)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves) or 3 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- ½ tsp red chili powder
Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes | Preparation Time: 30 Minutes | Cooking Time: 30 Minutes | Difficulty: Medium
- Soak chickpeas in enough water overnight or for 8 to 9 hours.
- Rinse & drain.
- Add them in BOSS A1 Food Processor Jar.
- Add the spices, seasonings and herbs. Also add ½ tsp lemon juice and salt as per taste.
- Grind the mixture in small intervals of time. Take the mixture in a bowl. Check the taste and add more salt or spices if required. With a spoon or your hands mix everything well.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan or kadai. Roll a small ball or patty from the mixture and place it in the oil.
- When the bases get light golden, gently turn over and fry the other side. Fry till they become crisp and are golden.
- Drain them on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil. This way make falafel with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve falafel as a side snack with hummus. It also tastes good with chutney and tomato sauce. You can also stuff them in pita breads.