Bored of regular modaks? Try out this refreshing recipe with a delicious twist of rose & gulkand which will give a much needed break to your taste buds.
1 cup gulkand
2 tbsp mixed nuts, chopped
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
For Outer Covering
2 cups mawa/khoya, crumbled
¾ cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp rose syrup
Total Time: 45 Minutes | Preparation Time: 20 Minutes | Cooking Time: 25 Minutes | Difficulty: Medium
- Using BOSS Speedy Chopper, chop mixed nuts.
- For stuffing, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on low flame.
- Add mawa and keep stirring for a minute till it start melting.
- Add sugar and stir further for a minute.
- When the mixture starts leaving fat, add rose syrup and cook till mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate. Allow it cool.
- When the mixture is still warm, gently knead into dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and make smooth balls.
- Grease the modak mould with ghee and stuff a mawa ball in it.
- Press to cover the sides of the mould and make a hole in the centre.
- Fill the gulkand stuffing and cover the base of the modak.
- Gently unmould the modaks and repeat with others.