Packed with spinach and a lot of spices, this bright green curry is as delicious as it looks! Give this plant-based goodie a try.
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 250 grams spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne or red pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
Total Time: 30 Minutes | Preparation Time: 20 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes | Difficulty: Easy
1. If using a bunch of large-leaf spinach, chop about an inch off of the end of spinach stems and submerge in a large bowl of cold water and rinse well. Leave in the water until needed.
2. Chop tomato and heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and saute tomato for 5 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add coriander, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to evenly coat mixture in spices.
4. Next, add 1/2 cup of water & spinach. Stir a bit, then cover. Keep covered, stirring every minute or so, until spinach has fully wilted.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes. Blend the mixture well in BOSS Eon Mixer Grinder, adding up to another 1/2 cup of water until blended equally.
6. Pour back into the pot and place back on the heat and add salt.
7. Rinse and drain beans and add to spinach mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup of yogurt and mix well.