Navratri is as much about feasting as about fasting. And you cant miss to gorge over this delicious Singhara Samosa.
For the dough:
120 gram Singhare ka atta
1/4 cup Arrowroot
3 cups Water
Sendha namak (white rock salt)
For the filling:
125 gram chironji (charoli) (soaked in water for about 2 hours)
3/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 1 hour | Difficulty: Medium
Prepare samosa filling:
1. Remove the husk of the chironji and grind coarsely using BOSS BOSS Excel Pro Mixer Grinder.
2. In a pan, heat the 2 tbsp ghee and add the zeera. When it splutters, add chironji and rest of the filling ingredients.
3. Saute over low heat till mixture is well fried. Leave to cool.
Prepare samosa dough:
1. Place the water, ghee and 1 tsp salt in a pan and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiled, put in the Singhare atta and arrowroot and mix well till it collects together in the center.
3.Take the dough off the heat and leave to cool.
4. Make equal balls of the dough
5. Take one half, wet the edges. Fold the straight edge at the center and join overlapping the other edge to form into a cone shape.
6. Fill the cone with the filling, and press the edges together to seal the Samosa.
7. Repeat, with the rest of the pieces.
8. Fry the samosa till a golden brown. Serve hot.